The Right Attorney Makes
All The Difference
Virginia Beach Criminal Defense Services
Call Our Aggressive Firm for a Consultation
Our team understands how frightening it is to face the criminal justice system. Many individuals who are accused of a crime are not completely aware of their rights nor do they understand their legal options. At the Law Offices of Daniel J. Miller, we have the legal skills and experience necessary to explain your rights and aggressively fight to uphold them.
Reasons to Choose Us:
- We answer calls 24/7
- Over 25 years of experience
- We genuinely care about your success
- Top 100 trial lawyer for 2015 in criminal defense
- All major credit cards accepted
- Military discounts available
- Financing options available
Our attorney knows what you are going through and will seek to amend that situation. We are dedicated to defending the rights of those going through a criminal law case and can fight tirelessly on your behalf. Call (757) 267-4949 or click the button below to fill out our online contact form!
Why Hire a Criminal Defense Attorney?
There are several reasons why someone might want to hire a criminal defense attorney in Virginia.
- A criminal defense attorney can help protect your rights and ensure that they are treated fairly by the criminal justice system. An attorney can help ensure that a person's constitutional rights, such as the right to a fair trial and the right to remain silent, are protected throughout the legal process.
- A criminal defense attorney can help to navigate the complex criminal justice system. The legal process can be confusing and overwhelming, especially for someone who is not familiar with it. A criminal defense attorney can explain the process and help a person understand what to expect at each stage.
- A criminal defense attorney can help to achieve the best possible outcome in their case. This could mean getting charges dismissed or reduced, or achieving a favorable plea deal. An attorney can also represent a person at trial and make sure that the prosecution's case is challenged and that the person's own side of the story is heard.
- A criminal defense attorney can help to understand the potential penalties they may face if they are convicted, and the impact that a conviction could have on their future. An attorney can also provide guidance on the possibility of appeals, and the risks and benefits of the different options available to the person.
In short, hiring a criminal defense attorney in Virginia can be an important step in protecting yourself from the harsh consequences of a criminal conviction and having a powerful legal advocate that will defend your rights in court.
To speak with an experienced Virginia Beach criminal defense attorney, give us a call today to set up your initial consultation.
Your rights are time sensitive. It's imperative to seek representation as soon as possible before it's too late.
You guys did Great work I am completely satisfied Thank youB. Yanev Virginia Beach
Mr. Miller is one of the best there is professional and everyway and very knowledgeable trust in his process I’m very grateful to have had him as my attorney. Thank you again, Mr. Miller for everything.K. Smith Virginia Beach
Will My Case Go To Trial?Whether or not your criminal case goes to trial will depend on whether or not it involves misdemeanor or felony charges. For a misdemeanor case, it is often heard before the judge and will not typically include a juried trial. Felony charges are another story entirely, as the prosecutors will be selecting people to be jurors. From that point, the formal trial will take place. It will involve the presentation of the following: Evidence, Witness testimony, Arguments from prosecution & defense. The prosecution will always have the burden of proving that the evidence supports the charges. Your criminal defense lawyer will have the opportunity to either support or refute those arguments. You may find, however, that prosecutors will have thin or weak arguments, and may not be able to prove “guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.” Whatever the case may be, it is always in your best interests to have an attorney on your side.
What Is Arraignment?Once bail has been paid, the courts will schedule an arraignment, where the plea is entered. You may enter a plea of “not guilty” or “guilty,” or another plea such as “no contest.” A lawyer will almost always recommend that you plead “not guilty” to give you the maximum fighting chance at obtaining an outcome in your favor.
What Is the Criminal Court Process?The Virginia criminal court process follows these basic steps:
4. Preliminary Trial
The Law Offices of Daniel J. Miller understands how daunting the criminal process must be, especially when faces with serious charges. We are here to help you understand how the legal system operates and what you should expect. In addition, we can stand by your side during each step to fight for your rights.
How Do You Fight Criminal Charges?For the best chance of success in fighting your criminal charges, you will need:
- A defense attorney you can trust
- A solid strategy to fight your charges
- Evidence to support your defense
Attorney Dan Miller can fill each of these needs. He is a defense attorney you can trust and he can build a strong defense strategy to get the best possible outcome for your case.
How Much Does a Criminal Defense Attorney Cost?The cost of a criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, including their consultation fee (if any), their retainer, their hourly fees, and the length of your criminal case. If you want to know the cost of a specific criminal lawyer, the best step to take is set up an initial consultation. Call (757) 267-4949 to schedule a criminal defense consultation with Attorney Dan Miller and find out how he could help protect your rights and freedom!
When Should I Hire a Criminal Defense Lawyer?You should hire a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible after your arrest. It is highly advisable that you do not speak to anyone after you've been arrested until you have the representation of a criminal lawyer. This is to ensure that you don't incriminate yourself by saying something that will damage your defense.
Do I Need a Defense Attorney?Yes. If you have been arrested and are facing criminal charges, then it is in your best interests to hire a defense lawyer to represent you. Self-representation has a low success rate due to the complexity of Virginia criminal law. At The Law Offices of Daniel J. Miller, we are familiar with the local criminal courts, judges, and prosecutors. We have a strong success record and can help you build a strong defense strategy, no matter what charges you are facing. You should never go through this alone.
What Do I Do After an Arrest?Remember that just because you have been arrested, it does not mean that you are automatically guilty. Once you have been brought to the police station, the bond will be set. This means that you do not have to sit in jail while the process is underway; you are free to go home to wait for your arraignment. The purpose of bail is to ensure that you return to court for the arraignment. If you are unable to post bail, then you will be required to remain in custody until the arraignment. The amount will be determined by the courts and may depend on the type of charges filed.
Over the past 25 years, we have come across nearly every type of criminal defense case. Because of the advanced skill and knowledge that comes with such a history, we are well-equipped and prepared to help you through any legal matter, no matter how simple or complex the situation.
We can help you fight the following criminal charges:
Personalized Attention for Each Client
A Proven Track Record of Results
Experienced & Knowledgeable Legal Advice
Invested in Your Case & Your Success