Virginia Beach Fraud Attorney
Experienced, Relentless & Trustworthy Legal Representation
If you have been accused of fraud in Virginia, you must understand that these are serious charges which can potentially be prosecuted on a felony level. In addition, you may be facing federal charges, meaning that you have been under investigation by the FBI or other government entity for quite some time and they have gathered the necessary evidence against you.
At The Law Offices of Daniel J Miller, we can provide the aggressive and personalized legal counsel you need to fight for your justice. Due to extensive experience, our Virginia Beach criminal defense attorney possesses the comprehensive knowledge of the state and federal laws to help you navigate through the complexities of your case.
Set up an appointment for a free consultation by calling (757) 517-2942.
Types of Fraud
Fraud is defined as deceiving another individual or entity to obtain money, property and other benefits for personal, financial gain. There are numerous crimes related to fraud. You could be facing extensive prison sentences, lengthy probation, punitive fines and a permanent mark on your criminal record.
The most common types of fraud cases include:
- Credit or debit card fraud – Unauthorized access to another person’s credit card information in order to charge purchases or extract funds from the account.
- Tax fraud or tax evasion – When an individual or a company intentionally underpays its taxes.
- Insurance fraud – A deceptive act with the intention to obtain an inadequate payment from an insurer.
- Health care fraud – When a dishonest provider or consumer purposefully submits, or forces someone else to submit, misleading or false information in order to gain an improper amount of health care benefits or payments.
- Mail or wire fraud – A fraudulent scheme to deprive another individual of property or honest services through mail or wire communication.
- Internet fraud – Online services with the purpose of conducting fraudulent solicitations to prospective victims.
- Identity theft – When a person wrongfully obtains and uses another individual’s personal information in a fraudulent manner.
- Forgery – Making of a false document, changing an existing document, or writing a signature without permissions or authorization.
- Money laundering – Disguising illegal funds derived from criminal activity by making these proceeds appear to have come from a legitimate source.
Seek Legal Counsel From Our Virginia Beach Criminal Defense Lawyer
At our firm, we won’t treat you like just another case number. Instead, we care genuinely about our clients, giving them the personalized attention they deserve. With a proven track record of success under our belt, our Virginia Beach criminal defense lawyer is ready to protect your rights and freedom.
Contact us to schedule your complimentary consultation today.
If you need a good lawyer in Virginia Beach this is the place to go.- Sky
The quality of work was also amazing and couldn't ask for anyone better.- Michael
This is the team you need.- Client
Daniel and his team were thorough and top-notch start to finish!- Benjamin
I would recommend and use again for legal services.- Client
Obtaining a Protective Order – Virginia Beach Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court Domestic Violence
Our client was seeking a protective order against her husband to obtain exclusive use and possession of the home and to require him to have no future hostile contact with her.
Underage Possession of Alcohol – Norfolk General District Court DUI
Our client was alleged to have illegally possessed alcohol in the city of Norfolk.
Pre Litigation Defense – Rape - Virginia Beach General District Court Sex Crimes
Our client was the respondent of a protective order wherein the petitioner alleged that she was raped.
Protective Order - Norfolk Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court Family Law
Our client's estranged wife had filed a protective order to prohibit him from having contact with her to gain exclusive use and possession of the home and an upper hand in their divorce proceedings.
Bond Hearing – DUI 4th Offense - Virginia Beach Circuit Court DUI
Our client was charged fourth offense driving under the influence.
Violation of Protective Order – Chesapeake Circuit Court - Appeal Domestic Violence
Our client was under a protective order to have no hostile contact with his family.
Breaking and Entering with Intent to Commit Misdemeanor – Felony – Virginia Beach General District Court Felony Defense
Our client was charged with breaking and entering with intent to commit a misdemeanor, but the Commonwealth agreed to dismiss the charge at the preliminary hearing stage against our client who suffered severe and debilitating mental illness.
Felony Third Offense Petty Larceny Virginia Beach General District Felony Defense
We were successful in negotiating a reduction from a felony third offense petty larceny charge.
Appeal Possession of Marijuana - Chesapeake Circuit Court Drug Crimes
Our client plead not guilty to a second offense possession of marijuana charge.
DUI Reduced to Reckless Driving – Isle of Wight General District Court DUI
Our client was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol after officers arrived on a call for service in a church parking lot.