The Right Attorney Makes
All The Difference
Virginia Beach Fraud Attorney
Experienced, Relentless & Trustworthy Legal Representation
If you have been accused of fraud in Virginia, you must understand that these are serious charges which can potentially be prosecuted on a felony level. In addition, you may be facing federal charges, meaning that you have been under investigation by the FBI or other government entity for quite some time and they have gathered the necessary evidence against you.
At The Law Offices of Daniel J. Miller, we can provide the aggressive and personalized legal counsel you need to fight for your justice. Due to extensive experience, our Virginia Beach fraud defense attorney possesses the comprehensive knowledge of the state and federal laws to help you navigate through the complexities of your case.
Set up an appointment for a consultation by calling (757) 267-4949.
Types of Fraud
Fraud is defined as deceiving another individual or entity to obtain money, property and other benefits for personal, financial gain. There are numerous crimes related to fraud. You could be facing extensive prison sentences, lengthy probation, punitive fines and a permanent mark on your criminal record.
The most common types of fraud cases include:
- Credit or debit card fraud – Unauthorized access to another person’s credit card information in order to charge purchases or extract funds from the account.
- Tax fraud or tax evasion – When an individual or a company intentionally underpays its taxes.
- Insurance fraud – A deceptive act with the intention to obtain an inadequate payment from an insurer.
- Health care fraud – When a dishonest provider or consumer purposefully submits, or forces someone else to submit, misleading or false information in order to gain an improper amount of health care benefits or payments.
- Mail or wire fraud – A fraudulent scheme to deprive another individual of property or honest services through mail or wire communication.
- Internet fraud – Online services with the purpose of conducting fraudulent solicitations to prospective victims.
- Identity theft – When a person wrongfully obtains and uses another individual’s personal information in a fraudulent manner.
- Forgery – Making of a false document, changing an existing document, or writing a signature without permissions or authorization.
- Money laundering – Disguising illegal funds derived from criminal activity by making these proceeds appear to have come from a legitimate source.
At our criminal defense firm, we won’t treat you like just another case number. Instead, we care genuinely about our clients, giving them the personalized attention they deserve. With a proven track record of success under our belt, our Virginia Beach fraud defense lawyer is ready to protect your rights and freedom.
Contact us to schedule your consultation today.
If you are looking for a professional office, he is your man. His staff is friendly but professional.Y. Cathcart
Fantastic staff and Mr. Miller represented me well!J. Madison
Personalized Attention for Each Client
A Proven Track Record of Results
Experienced & Knowledgeable Legal Advice
Invested in Your Case & Your Success