Call Today 757.517.2942

Legal Minute - How to Change Custody & Visitation

This episode of Legal Minute features Attorney James Weaver explaining amendments to custody and visitation orders. If you’re unsatisfied with your custody and visitation orders, you can have them changed. When both parents agree, this change is relatively simple, but court modifications require something called a “material change of circumstance.” A material change of circumstance can be the relocation of one parent, changes to your child’s medical or educational situation, changes to the health or stability of one parent, or positive changes that show an adjustment would benefit the child. Most frequently, a material change of circumstances arises when a child transitions from pre-k to kindergarten. A court order can also be amended when a child is old enough to express their preference and decides who they want to live with. Watch our short video to find out which situations apply to you!


The Right Attorney Makes All The Difference In The Outcome Of Your Case
    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.