Legal Minute – Receiving a Divorce Complaint

In this video, former attorney James A. Weaver explains what to do after you are served with divorce paperwork.

You should talk to an attorney before you sign any paperwork. After being served with a complaint of divorce, you should file an answer within 21 days. Otherwise, the server can move forward without you participating in the divorce case. If you sign paperwork, there isn't a way to revoke that action.

At The Law Offices of Daniel J. Miller, we can help you understand the type of divorce paperwork you've been served with and pursue the best outcome in your divorce. Contact us today!