The Right Attorney Makes
All The Difference
Virginia Beach First DUI Offense Lawyer
Can You Go to Jail for a First-Time DUI?
Getting arrested for driving under the influence (DUI) can be a frightening and overwhelming experience, especially if someone’s first time. You might be wondering, will I go to jail? While most DUI offenders are placed on probation or other types of punishment, depending on the circumstances of your case, the courts may sentence you to serve jail time. In addition to that, you may also have to pay an expensive fine, have your license suspended, and you will have a permanent mark on your criminal record.
If you have been arrested for a DUI in Virginia, our lawyer is capable of helping you either get your penalties reduced or your case dismissed. With 25 years of experience under our belts, our legal team has a comprehensive understanding of the state laws in order to develop a solid and personalized defense strategy for your case. Let us protect your rights and reputation today.
Contact us online or call (757) 267-4949 to learn more about how we can defend you.
First Time DUI Penalties
If you are 21 years of age or older and had a blood alcohol content (BAC) of 0.08% upon your arrest, you can be charged with a DUI.
- A first-time DUI is considered a class one misdemeanor in Virginia, which is punishable by a maximum jail sentence of 12 months with no minimum sentence.
- However, if your BAC is at least .15, but less than .20, you may serve a mandatory minimum of five days in jail.
- If your BAC is .20 or higher, you may serve a mandatory minimum of 10 days in jail.
- You must also pay a fine of up to $2,500, with a mandatory fine of $250.
- Your license is automatically suspended for up to 12 months, with an opportunity to apply for a restricted license.
Let the Law Offices of Daniel J. Miller Fight for You – Call (757) 267-4949 Today
At The Law Offices of Daniel J. Miller, our mission is to obtain the outcome desired by our clients. We have an exceptional track record of success by developing aggressive and personalized defense strategies for our clients. Get a hold of our firm today!
Fill out our simple contact form or call (757) 267-4949 to schedule your consultation today.
Read Our Client Testimonials
Atty. Miller is awesome.S. Thompson Virginia Beach
Ms. Waller was truly the best!!! 10/10 loved their service and would do it all over again with themV. Abreu Virginia Beach
Personalized Attention for Each Client
A Proven Track Record of Results
Experienced & Knowledgeable Legal Advice
Invested in Your Case & Your Success
Complete our form below or call us at (757) 267-4949.